Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Works Cited (References or Bibliography) is the list of citations for your project. NoodleTools creates and formats the list based on the source information entered and citation style selected for your project.
Step 1: Print/Export
Create your Works Cited page from the Sources page of your Project.
- Select "Print/Export" to view your options for printing and exporting to word processing software.
- Selecting any of the three "Print/Export to" options will create a properly formatted Works Cited page.
Do not cut and paste from the source list. Avoid the "Preview as Web Page" option. These methods require you to format the Works Cited.
Step 2: Open & Save Document
Clicking one of the print / export options may bring up a pop up message depending on your browser and computer settings.
- The pop-up and message is based on the file type selected and your computer.
- The file will download, unless blocked by your computer browser, to your computer.
- Open the file to save or print your Works Cited page.
The document created with the Print/Export to feature meets the standards for the citation style of your project.
If you find errors in a citation on your Works Cited page it is a best practice to,
- edit the citation in NoodleTools to fix the error, and
- export the Works Cited page again.