Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan (“ILL”) is the exchanging of books and materials between libraries to support the educational endeavors of students, faculty and staff at Volunteer State Community College.
Resources to consult prior to requesting materials:
- If you are seeking full text for an article from a known periodical citation, please use our Journal Title List and enter the publication name (e.g. Rolling Stone, Harvard Business Review) to see if the library already provides full text access.
- If you are seeking a book, DVD, or other non-periodical resource, please consult the Pioneer Search or WorldCat to determine if the library already owns the material.
Who may borrow?
Vol State faculty, staff, students; and, community patrons with valid Vol State library card.
What are the guidelines?
- Limit of two (2) items at a time per student or community patron; faculty/staff limits are dependent on volume & nature of requests.
- Allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery of materials.
- Course textbooks will not be requested.
- Borrower is responsible for any late, damaged or lost item fees imposed by the lending library.
- Physical materials will be sent to patrons at Cookeville, Livingston, and Springfield; select the appropriate campus location using the appropriate field within the "Book or DVD" request form.
Journal Title (A-Z) List
If you're looking for a specific article, go directly to the journal from the Journal Title List. Select a database which has the journal.Check the years available for the journal in the database.
One search gets you results from the library catalog and many of the library's online resources. Access to online resources is limited to authorized users
These guides have additional information on library services that may be of interest.